19 May 2011

Just right...

Yesterday was, in my books, the first truly beautiful sunny day here in Portland, Oregon (photos above were taken with my cellphone). I felt happiness in the air, there was just the right amount of clouds in the sky and that haven't-seen-in-forever blue sky looked nothing but just doggone perfect to me. On my lunch break I scurried around visiting the Wednesday Farmers’ Market (checking out the free samples of havarti cheese, smoked sausage and fresh vegetables), the museum (it was free admission in observance of International Museum Day) and then found a bench so I could soak up the one thing we haven’t seen much of and that is this-finally-upon-us sunshine! I sat there for maybe twenty minutes just soaking it up before heading back into the office! As soon as 5 o’clock rolled around I peaced out and felt the sun beckoning me to take my bike out for a ride. This weather definitely boosts the morale giving me that extra umph again! Not that I mind but when it rains for months on end when the sun shows its face for a solid day us Portlanders treat it like a celebration/holiday. I rode my bike all over the waterfront and then up to the Silver Dollar Saloon on NW 21st and Glisan. I pulled up next to Steven and his two brothers who were sitting outside the bar and the first thing I noticed was the tired look on their faces. I guess hiking up to Pittock Mansion and back can do that to a person. A few beers later... what, who's tired? Not us, right...

No comments: