26 March 2020

Homeschooling - Day 4

Happy Thursday to you all during these strange days all thanks to COVID-19.

We woke up and did the usual, got up, showered and put our clothes on.  Yes, my kids like to walk around the house in nothing but their underwear so getting these two dressed for the day is a major accomplishment.

I poured the last two bowls of Coca Puffs this morning, shudder... and then as Grandma does with Sam every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday starting at 9ish o'clock, she helps me with Sam's homeschooling needs and this morning we went over a number of sight words to find out that Sam has only 6 of them to work on!!! Grandma and Sam read to one another the book Playing Together.  We chatted for a little bit, you know chatted about how to keep groceries COVID-19 free and then Colette entertained us with a photo she drew of us of our future adventures to Jazzy Bagels.  Sam drew a totem pole that he ended up turning into an arm cuff to ward off the virus.

Don't tell Dad but we went for a quick scooter run around the neighborhood - talk about the most stressful thing I've done all week long.  I feel like such a terd now when I see another human being, yelling at the kids about how we need to steer clear of them/us/human beings...

Lunch was Mac & Cheese.

After lunch I put on a Scavenger Hunt in the backyard.  The kids loved marking off their finds!  We played some frisbee afterwards.  Once back indoors we video chatted with my Mom over a cup of tea.  

Dad's home now and well, we are about to bbq porkchops!!!!!







No comments: