23 March 2020

Homeschooling - Day 1 of Quarantine

First thought of mine - do I start this homeschooling business today when technically it falls on the first day of my kid's spring break?

Second thought of mine -  I'm just gonna wing it!

Got up and filed my weekly claim of UI while the kids were still fast asleep!??  

I started the day off with a movie and Coco Puffs!  Sam is on a Scooby Dooby 2 kick and well, let's just watch it one more time.   We read some books together followed by watching Mo Williams who has online sessions called Lunch Doodles which completely inspired Sam to create his very own 8 page story book about a dragon who didn't like the world - go figure!  We tried to chat with my sister and her 4 little ones but the connection was poor.  Grandma then worked with Sam via video chat on his sight words.  I had squirreled away some worksheets that we had not completed from the last few weeks of school to work on before heading into a few dance and exercise videos compliments of GoNoodle.com.  We got our heart rates up and then for the last part of the day the kids played out in the backyard and made masks.  Leaving you all with some words from the book Zen Happiness - "Be someone you want to be around.  What we do now is what matters most...be kind to yourself.  Whatever you do today, let it be enough."





No comments: