02 May 2011

For the love of soccer...

I'm still wearing my very 'blue me away' colored nail polish from the weekend. Take that all you 25 year olds. This girl still got it! So on my lunch break today, I bumped into these people (yeah, I picked up myself a $2.00 hotdog, so what! hehe) who were handing out flyers and going on about there still being $8 tickets available for tomorrow night's game. Naturally I told Steven about it and 5 minutes later we were all set with two tickets to the Portland Timbers vs. the San Jose Earthquakes U.S. Open Cup Play-In game. It will be our first trip to the new field. And oddly enough by way of looking up Jeld-Wen field via wikipedia I came across when it use to be PGE park that there was a feral cat epidemic which lead me to an interesting book entitled Fugitives and Refugees: A Walk in Portland, Oregon:

"Written as much for first-time visitors as for those who already share Palahniuk's passion for the city, this book is a mixture of practical travel guide and personal vignettes featuring quirky acquaintances and moments of happenstance."

I read some of it and think for any of you first timers you should use this book instead of all those AAA handbooks that are, to me, so downright boring! Oh and he also goes into detail about that feral cat epidemic.

No comments: