Today's recommendation: Bundle up out there! And here is the recipe for sugared carrots:
- Slice carrots into 1 cm thick julienne sticks.
- Bring to boil & simmer for only about 8 minutes until they are still firm.
- Remove from pan.
- In pan, melt about 2oz butter or margarine 2 tablespoons.
- Then add 2 or 3 large spoonfuls of brown sugar & 3 teaspoons of nutmeg. Stir.
- Bring to a simmer till sugar melts, then put the carrots back in & toss to coat.
- (Just taste it then & see if you need more nutmeg)
- If there's not enough liquid to glaze, add more butter.
Coming up: Staying at a hotel 2 blocks from where we live this Saturday fo' free.
Sideways note: I'm actually Canadian and Steven is British. I grew up in Georgia, he in Michigan and we found one another in Portland, Oregon.
My yearly recap: It was definitely a helluva year. xo
January – Made a quick trip to the east coast where I met my nephew for the very first time.
February – Landed myself the best job ever at The Paramount Hotel.
March – A dear friend of mine let me watch the birth of her baby boy, Grayson
and Mom sent to me a collection of photos from my childhood
April – Still acting goofy
May – My first paid photo gig
June – After 5 years of blogging, hit the 10,000 views mark!
July – Steven opened up a new restaurant.
August - skip
September - The book I’m in was launched. Our Portland Story.
October – skip
November – Bought myself a disco ball.
December - another birthday coming up. Seattle bound! Last year's recap, click here.
Below is a photo of my birthday from a few years ago. Balloons compliments of Steven