24 November 2010

Another Georgia/Michigan misfits kinda Thanksgiving...

...taking place again in the great Northwest. We're bringing over to a friend's apartment a green bean casserole, sugared carrots, pumpkin pie with whip and a dish of cheese and sausage crackers and then we'll be all set. That reminds me of when I was in Seattle and I learned the best thing to tell anyone if they are asking you for money on the streets or just a question that's not even worth responding to with "That's okay but I'm all set." Try it sometime, shuts people up every time.

Today's recommendation: Bundle up out there! And here is the recipe for sugared carrots:
  1. Slice carrots into 1 cm thick julienne sticks.
  2. Bring to boil & simmer for only about 8 minutes until they are still firm.
  3. Remove from pan.
  4. In pan, melt about 2oz butter or margarine 2 tablespoons.
  5. Then add 2 or 3 large spoonfuls of brown sugar & 3 teaspoons of nutmeg. Stir.
  6. Bring to a simmer till sugar melts, then put the carrots back in & toss to coat.
  7. (Just taste it then & see if you need more nutmeg)
  8. If there's not enough liquid to glaze, add more butter.

Coming up: Staying at a hotel 2 blocks from where we live this Saturday fo' free.

Sideways note: I'm actually Canadian and Steven is British. I grew up in Georgia, he in Michigan and we found one another in Portland, Oregon.

My yearly recap: It was definitely a helluva year. xo

January – Made a quick trip to the east coast where I met my nephew for the very first time.

February – Landed myself the best job ever at
The Paramount Hotel.

March – A dear friend of mine let me watch the birth of her baby boy,
Grayson
and Mom sent to me a collection of photos from my childhood

April – Still acting
goofy

May – My first paid photo gig

June – After 5 years of blogging, hit the 10,000 views mark!

July – Steven opened up a new
restaurant.

August - skip

September - The book I’m in was launched.
Our Portland Story.

October – skip


November – Bought myself a disco ball.

December - another birthday coming up. Seattle bound! Last year's recap, click here.

Below is a photo of my birthday from a few years ago. Balloons compliments of Steven

1 comment:

Glenys Nellist said...

Nice recipe for sugar carrots :)