23 August 2010

slow down summer!

All of a sudden, it feels like my birthday is right around the corner. Ahhhhhhhh, sssssplat!... I am SO not ready for that. A part of me feels like not even celebrating it at all. The time has come where I no longer enjoy turning another year older. It was okay way back when - when turning 21 was the most exciting thing in the universe and then turning 31 and moving clear cross country with nothing but the bag on my back was like the coolest thing I've ever done. The years are beginning to blur into one another and there is this deep sense of urgency to 'getter' done. I need to cram in as much as I can here before I turn youknowwhat! But alas, as busy as we are already and when we have a little free time; we usually are just bbq'ing or relaxing. (I was thinking a trip to Amsterdam or a weekend drive to where ever and find ourselves camping underneath the stars would be cool). Two weekends ago, we went to Mt. Tabor to see the soapbox derby races and to Multnomah Falls/Oneonta Gorge for, at certain spots, a waist high in water hike. Last weekend, it was a whirlwind of here and there and mostly all about napping. Steven keeps me grounded always when I get out of control like this by saying something like "honey, we 'are' doing so much stuff already. Slow it down a bit." (hehe) You know what, he's probably right about that. And then the next thing that comes out of his mouth is "I want to get a dog?"

The following quote will hopefully allow me to remedy myself of any leftover frustrations that have been built up inside me... When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free. -Catherine Ponder

No comments: