07 May 2009

me, myself chats it up with the local art community and finds...meow~

View from my apartment balcony last nightTonight. A caption that captured my eye from tonight's artwalk.Another view from my apartment into the city.The artist in the above photos calls his work lucy in the sky with diamonds. So, I clamored on about oh, like how the first homosapien was found, blah, blah, blah and he was like, no... just like the song girl. I was like... okay, now what. Then the next gallery I went into had a massive artwork made out of aluminum foil that took up the entire room practically. The artist's girlfriend found me first and said the infamous of all girly encounter shout outs 'oh my gosh, i just love your shoes.' hehe. Fast forward to everyone who came in was like 'oh, a giant forest or tree like form of aluminum foil'... made me laugh. I said it reminded me of something out of the movie/game Resident Evil... Artwork is a flowing form of life. Its so beautiful to me how people see and explain what it is in front of them. I saw so much this evening that it made me want to showcase my own work. I could do it. I could sell my photos everyone. It can be done. And tonight reaffirmed my suspicions. xo Blue sky for once in a while.

1 comment:

mm said...

nice pics,glad you made it out to the art walk. I need to remember to get out to first thursday at the village.