30 March 2009

Beautiful Oregon.

Steven's parents leave today. We visited so many wonderful places (Saucebox, PCG, Silver Falls state park, Gilt Club, E-San Thai, Horsebrass Pub - where Ste and his father had steak and kidney pies, Yachats - stayed at the Fireside Motel, the Drift Inn restaurant, Heceta Head, Sea Lion caves, Depoe Bay's whale watching center, the Sea Hag restaurant, House of Louie, Bipartisan Cafe, Sunday market, entered the Columbia Gorge, Vista House, Multnomah Falls, Bonneville Dam area - where Hermin the 70 year old sturdgeon lives, Bridge of the Gods - takes you over into Washington and ate at this amazing Indian restaurant right off E. Burnside and 29th). I'll write about the trip in more detail here soon. The only thing that bummed me out was finding out our favorite food stand at the Saturday/Sunday market was no longer there. Reason: the British guy who ran Limey's died about 3 weeks ago. Weird is searching for a banger (sausage roll) to only discover you can't enjoy this British food any longer because the guy just up'd and passed away. Amazing how death wakes you up to appreciate life of the things we take for granted. xo

I wrote to my mom about my sea lions cave experience with -- I thought something similar. I wondered if the sea lions liked it when the waves crashed over them or if they hated it? I wondered what an easy life and yet hard because they have to fight the current to get back out to sea. I thought how amazingly beautiful the sound they make and how almost it felt like a sound from outer space. I thought how creepy that an elevator was built right on the coast and what if an earthquake were to happen?

No comments: