04 January 2009

Snowing outside as I type this...Photo shows snow still on the ground from this morning. There is talk of heading to the mountain soon.

Hello All! I have to start out this entry by saying I'm going to be a little late on some of my Christmas presents. Don't worry; I hope to get them out before Rami's birthday. Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest I love my new perfume that my mom gave to me for Christmas. I love the bottle that it's in, I love the scent of it - I just love it! Oh and my photo taking days can be seen at Freckled. Girl. Cell Phone Fun. I'm happy to see two of my good friends tumblr'ing as well. They are Oblivion by Marguerite and Life before the Son rises by Michele. Steven and I went over to Marguerite and Chris's house last night for another fabulous fun night of yum yums, drinkies and game playing. We had a good group of folks there which made for good times. I'm still a little mad/upset with myself that I zonked out new year's eve but cie la vie, I think I was just extremely exhausted from closing out the year end that my body decided to shut down on me, hehe. We haven't made any serious new year resolutions yet except for losing some weight and eating healthy again, you know, the usual same ole same oh! My head right now is stuck on finding a little 2 bedroom house in less than 2 months as well as getting my finances in check. I also was contacted by a cousin of my mine on my father's side for the very first time just the other day through my Facebook site. I don't know what to think about it. I love my immediate family dearly and don't even get to communicate enough with them as I would like to and the idea of someone such as a cousin reaching out to me after all this time just seems really weird to me. It makes me want to call my father and ask him questions, lots of questions but then again, maybe its better just to not say nothing at all about it. In an ideal world, I would be flying back and forth every other weekend to see my family. But my choice to live 2,500 plus miles away was never to run away from them but to experience life and tell them through my blog, phone calls and visits that here I am and this is their daughter living her life in Portland, Oregon. xo xo. I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I'm always wishing to be even more closer to my family (my mom and I are golden) and finding out there is a cousin out there who I've never met messes with my head a little. Family is family, right? Anywho, cheers everyone to a happy and beautiful two thousand and nine~ xo xo. Later on in the night, I chatted with my cousin over the internet a little. My grandmothers' name is Hamida, I learned a little about what she knew what happened way back when and that she has 2 children and is engaged.

No comments: