05 January 2009

Great News!

Congratulations!

Congrats, your submission of text and images to Our Portland Story have officially been accepted to be included in the 2008/2009 published book. As a chosen contributor, your submission will be passed along to a local Portland designer in the coming months who will graphically layout an entire page to reflect your story. Upon completion, a pdf will be sent for you to review. No edits will be able to be made to the final artwork except in extreme circumstances. I expect the design phase to take at least 3 months to complete, and hope for the book to be completed by Mid-Summer 2009. A book launch party will be planned, and all contributors will be invited to attend and receive a complimentary copy.

4 comments:

Orange Pattern said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations! Can you tell us a bit about your submission? Is it your story? Or is it something you like about Portland? I'm curious...

natalie said...

Hi you! A glimpse of it is - the verbiage so far is: I wake up everyday, and the first thing I do is gaze out of my window to see what the sky has in store for me. In that moment, I am reminded daily of how lucky I am to live in downtown Portland, Oregon. I love how the water tower and "Made in Oregon" sign shimmer in the distance, protecting the city from the East. Everyday, I see both icons as they were the day before, yet everyday what changes is that beautiful sky. On this particular day, I captured an early morning of rolling clouds burnt by a summer sunrise. Not only does the sky change daily, but the sign has changed twice from White Satin for the White Satin Sugar Company to White Stag in 1957. It was only in 1996 when it changed to what we see today, "Made in Oregon." Will it ever change again? and Melissa and I are working collectively on what photo I should use. I've submitted a few and she's been advising me on others, etc. Hip, hip hooray. What FUN this is! :)

theCrazy said...

I want to kiss you... MUAH he he

mm said...

Hooray Natty! Can't wait to see the final coffee table/ photo book. You deserve this!