05 October 2008

horseplay with horse chestnuts

Update: the 2008 Conker Championships hehe. Steven and I plan to play a good game of Conkers this evening. We picked right up off the ground chestnuts and the ones we shook free from the branches smell so deliciously earthy and woody. Not only did we keep our eyes peeled for fallen chestnuts we munched on some freshly picked blackberries and plums along the way. I love biking around the southeast neighborhood once the autumn weather finally kicks in. The flowers are still hanging in there as the leaves begin to change color from Yellow! to Red! to still even more Beautiful! and so far the score is one ALL and Steven's oner was destoyed by mine...

6 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

First I had to Google horse chestnuts, which I have been hearing about a lot lately and now I am going to follow your 'conkers' link, then I am probably going to try and figure out how to get one of those horse chestnut things, because they look so cool. You've started something here!

natalie said...

Hi. Remember there is a difference between horse chestnuts and regular chestnuts.

- horse chestnuts eaten by horses only
- regular chestnuts eaten by humans only - and can be roasted in the oven

squirrels eat both, hehe

David Nellist said...

Cool, cool conker pics Natty. When the 4 were all little boys, we LOVED collecting conkers, climbing trees & kicking up leaves.He's still a boy!

natalie said...

We spent most of our Sunday afternoon collecting them which made my backpack very heavy!

theCrazy said...

I'm not a boy I am a MAN i tell you... a man with boyish good looks he he

and your conker is going down little miss Natalie :p

Somtimes I think maybe a conker hit Natalie in the head shortly after birth ha ha ;p just kidding but one really did hit me in the head thats why I must squawk back at the crows BAGHA!! he he

xo xo

natalie said...

Just remember who is winning the Conkers battle! Me!