15 November 2007

rain talk

to wear fish net knee highs in beige is like wearing something really sexy underneath your suit outfit. how can something so insignificant make me feel so confident? you can hardly see the top of my foot where my pants meet my 4 inch high black heeled dress shoes. from time to time the sway of my pants when i walk causes a larger area to show but it is only me who feels the seductive lure brought on by the simple act of pulling on fish net knee highs and wearing them all day long unbeknownst to anyone else.

and

perhaps the most important meeting ever held in the state of Oregon was on november 24th, 1805, when meriwether lewis and william clark, having finally reached the cresting breaks of the pacific ocean, assembled their weary band of explorers together and debated on which side of the columbia river to make their winter camp. they chose the Oregon side, of course. that meeting was a far cry from meetings in Oregon today – breaks consisted of using the woods as bathroom or chewing on a piece of salted meat. what hasn’t changed is the stunning backdrops admired by the lewis and clark expedition, like the cascade mountain range, towering forests, dozens of winding rivers and the pacific ocean. Portland has come to be known as the bridge-and-river-laced, ecofriendly, uber-trendy, ultra-friendly destination. another appeal to Oregon is its incredible diversity. and these are a few of the reasons WHY i love Portland so much and how planning events comes 'naturally' to me.

3 comments:

mm said...

Thanks for enlightening me with the synopsis of Lewis & Clark. By the ways..nice fish-nets today! I want to get a pair myself.

natalie said...

and thanks for keeping the love Alive! love your blog entry dated 11.15.07!

theCrazy said...

I love you and I loooove your fish-nets ;) he he

I liked the forests in Oregon :) When I am back in town we must go on our own expedition the mountains!! We can hike and kiss in the wilderness he he MUAH!! XO X OXO X X XO XO XO XO XO XO X