05 July 2007

just maybe i've got constructionitis... can someone just bring me back the normal city noises...

if you guys haven't noticed or anything, i've been a little out of sorts lately. but in a really, really, really, really good way! like the kind of way where i could write on and on about it but its too hot weatherwise and i can't even think straight right now... what i do know is that i was completely and utterly disturbed after hearing about the mishap (do you even call it that, more like tragedy) regarding a child who died from its intestines being sucked right out of its body while sitting above a pool drain. WHA? i heard about it today at lunch and typically things like that do not bother me since i'm a horror film freak but hearing of this accident leading to the grosteque death of a little child made me squirm and want to throw up my mashed potatoes that i just ate (that's right, HL, my mashed potatoes that you love so much) ... this is competely a very off the top blog entry but what the heck it is so unbearably HOT outside i want to kill a mocking bird. am i making any sense here? probably not but what does it matter. i think its time to talk to the masses again here: jen -- you are so right. i wouldn't even make it up that hill without it conquering me this evening. kori -- blurry-eyed is the best description of how my Friday is going to feel like. andrea -- 77 postcards. you must be mad or the weather has taken possession of your body. michele -- i can't wait to see your new home. steven -- 24 hour store to find a usb? let me know how that works out for you. and let's share a glow-in-the dark ice lolly? ;) xo. kristina -- it was so magical. walking towards the ice cream truck last night, the music growing louder and louder and as i turned towards the line seeing you there, standing there wanting an ice cream was absolutely magical. renner -- actually, marcy...you calling me nice swim cap after showing you an old photo of me from like four years ago. that's just not right. marguerite -- happy belated birthday and i'm glad the dress i let you borrow helped out in all the right places. sharon -- thanks for the happy fourth of july wishes. jasmine -- will i ever get a postcard from you. rami -- you are such a bad a$# brother. HL -- will you ever teach me how to
kayak'k ka yuk'k ayakkkyyyidee kayak? mom -- chinese food makes you smell, smell bad. papa -- hmmmmmmm... maybe if i just say a few key words we wouldn't have to have full conversations. :) jan -- where's JAN?
maud -- that photo was crazy! make sure you bury it deep in the ground. amy -- vacation time. when would you like to head out to Alaska? jennifer -- who you dating now? ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I got to say is . . . at least we have air conditioning! I remember one hot day in Portland when my workplace didn't have air conditioning (and I was on the second floor); the car didn't have air conditioning (15 minute ride); the house didn't have air conditioning (I was sleeping in the attic room . . . ) . . . and I went to the grocery store for sweet relief. It was tough. But then again, it doesn't last, though sometimes you wonder.

And you are welcome to come kayaking with me any day!

HL

natalie said...

sweet, i will take you up on it. can i ride in your hubby's gray kayak. he he... and let's make that a trip of some sort.

oh yea. the warm weather right now has a half-life of about 2 to 3 days. xo.

these red shoes were made for walking to work. happy is me that it is Friday. work is for the birds.

Anonymous said...

i really love all the personal shout outs in this message. so cute. you should do it more often!

natalie said...

you have to shout to be heard. he he... thanks for the boost of energy by saying so.