17 July 2007

bits and pieces of me

Tuesday. i hate you warm muggy weather! you will never defeat me. i shall wear my wooly stripped socks regardless you evil non-good doer. all you do is suck the life out of me? and i transgress back to the parameters of ordinariness... on Saturday we passed a point on the road marked by a sign that said you are halfway between the north pole and the equator. why? tell me why does this have any significance other than the obvious. yes, i agree, woohoo i'm smack dab in the middle but then again, where is that - the middle? that brings me to my next question. what in the world does it mean to see a sign on the road that says open range?

anyways, i still feel a little tired from being out in the sun on the lake all day on Saturday. good times, good times. right on!

what have i seen recently:
a text message early this morning from kristina asking if she could borrow some cat litter, come down with it and then we could walk to work together.
a homeless person passed out in the bushes
a $2,000 road bike about to take a month long ride down to San Fran
a very, very old lady asking me for money.
an elderly asian homeless woman yelling at the top of her lungs right infront of where i work as i walk by with my client.
a black man bowing down in the middle of the road to pray?
a natty walking in the rain on her way to work without rain gear...
a natty wanting to just storm out of my office today because...
and so much, much more... the crazys are definately out. all in one day!

later tonight i am going to:
talk to SN and giggle, laugh and love
write a letter
figure out how i can wake up in the morning while wearing earplugs? what i wouldn't give to turn off the construction noise outside my window. its driving me batty!

which leads me to the following on living the fast life. a fellow blogger commented with the following:

"the more "to-do's" we pack into our busy lives, and the greater the crowds pursuing the same to-do's, the longer the waits. the longer the traffic. the longer the everything. the shorter our time is to play.

the ultimate expression of this principle:

one of the few truths in life, i have learned, is that you only get 168 hours in a week. that's a hard and fast limit, like the speed of light and absolute zero. the earth is not scalable."

and so i end this blog with the earth is definately NOT flat. there is something on the other side. always remember no matter where you go there you are. and that you are always somewhere in the middle!!!!!!
~me a year ago minus the additional freckle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw that same homeless guy passed out in the bushes. I put him there. And he wasn't passed out. And I didn't actually do anything. And he wasn't actually in a bush. And I didn't really see him. And he really wasn't homeless. And I really don't remember what I was going to say next. And you don't either.

blah.

natalie said...

don't look into the light... and i'll put there next time. muahahhaahhamuhahaha. with a $79.00 check.

thanks buddy. see your other half this evening! care to join us for beer and pizza?