14 June 2007

i am blogging to you from my apartment using the city's FREE internet service. for some reason, the useless folks at Comcast have denied me a signal for the past fifteen minutes and in the midst of my frustration, i was able to access the internet using MetroFi. insane! does this mean i will be giving Comcast a call in the am to cancel my service with them. hmmmmmmm... if this is for real and so far so good, i might convert. (a few minutes later). i typically just hit the internet button on my computer and voila - instant access. as wonderful as it was to have FREE internet, i couldn't help but notice how slow it took for each site to load. knowing that the best (some) things in life don't come for free... ha ha... i scrummaged thru my drawer(s) to find the sheet of paper with that unGodly Comcast password on it. i switched ID's making things normal again. phew! this is what we call Natty drama. anyways, i'm going to add some color to my life this weekend. i think after painting my living room walls, it should 'cozify' my apartment. AND next weekend I have to get my postcards out in the mail. i'm part of this postcard SWAP and June 21st is my deadline. your turn to comment? if you had to send a postcard to a complete stranger just to put a smile on their face, tell me how you would design the face (front) of your postcard. i need fresh ideas please. if you need some help to get the creative juices flowing please take a few moments and stare into the fresh basil photo above. he he...learn with me. photography lesson #1. reducing the aperture size increases the depth of field*, which describes the extent to which subject matter lying closer than or farther from the actual plane of focus appears to be in focus. in general, the smaller the aperture (the larger the number), the greater the distance from the plane of focus the subject matter may be while still appearing in focus. *the depth of field is the distance in front of and beyond the subject that appears to be in focus.

No comments: