13 June 2007

are you my blurkerganger?

a blurker (BLUR-kur) is a person who reads many blogs but leaves no evidence of themselves such as comments behind; a silent observer of blogs. another word but invented. i am a person who reads a few selected blogs leaving comments as i go because i have to believe that my fellow blogger adores receiving comments as much as i do. this evening as i clicked away jumping around from site to site, i started to get a little overwhelmed at how well other people write. is it better that i maintain my own site and not venture out, not experience the adventures described in such detail by someone else? OR is it just my competitive nature playing tricks on me? why do i feel like i am not good enough when it comes to everything i do? OR am i just a thinker and i'm thinking myself into a frenzy? there are so many things i want to get better at. a few things that come to mind that i feel need great attention are:
-my desire to become a better photographer. i plan to sign of up for classes and then buy a better and badder camera
-how does one learn to write better? does it come from reading more? i can not understand why i have so much trouble when using a comma, semi-colon or colon
-dating. do not take it so seriously. meeting up with a guy just means you might end up with a new friend ... or NOT
-drink more coffee

having people in my life is very important to me. for the last 2 years now, i have kept myself single. and i've never been happier with this lifestyle. the only thing i miss is knowing i have someone to always touch and the bouncing of ideas off of one another. my guy friend who works for Friends of Forest Park touched based with me as he does every other month asking if i've become a member yet? he has been reminding me now since my move of over a year and a half ago. he now has a baby girl and its so interesting to me to hear a grown man talk about his daughter. so after reading this, please comment with your favorite WORD, your weakness, favorite blog and what new things/adventures have you been up to? natty comments first, he he:

favorite word - infectious. for example, you have an infectious smile.
my weakness - saying i don't need human touch when i really do. this i say because i am single. what else can one do?
favorite blog - http://www.pknitter.blogspot.com/ & http://hulaseventy.blogspot.com/
new things/adventures - finding a photography class here in Portland. where?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

favorite word - N/A (I like many, many words)
my weakness - chocolate
favorite blog - N/A (this is the only one I have ever looked at)
new things/adventures - trip up north . . . finding unique stops along the way; raising money to buy a piano for the new school

HL

Zone8 Knitter said...

favorite word- ciao
my weakness- purses/ bags
favorite blog- yours I check out pretty much everyday- a few times a day- and there are a couple others I check out once in awhile.
New things/ adventures- Taking an Italian class starting the 25th.

Anonymous said...

favorite word - right now it's "Slap-Dash"
my weakness- over committing myself
favorite blog - yours of course!
New things/adventures: Everyday is a new adventure! I'm hoping start our family in the next few months, that's probably a big enough adventure for me now!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Favorite word - none
my weakness - my pets, shoes
favorite blog - yours is the only one I read
new things/adventure - planning a trip to Fla. in Sept where I have never been, found it on the map and decided to check it out, did this last year went to place in South Carolina I found on the map, plan to go somewhere new every summer

Anonymous said...

WORD: Skeezy
WEAKNESS: Socializing/Staying Up too late on school nights;)
BLOG: not into blogging at all...only read yours cause I love ya and you make me/threaten me;)
ADVENTURES: the next month hold 4 amazing outdoor music festivals...then planning a trip to Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam/Hong Kong in November

Anonymous said...

favorite word - I don't really have one. I enjoy language in general. I like new words that I haven't seen/heard before. And, yes, I think reading is a great way to learn new words. Look up everything you aren't familiar with.
my weaknesses - self criticism & fear of things outside of my comfort zone
favorite blog - yours is my one and only
new things/adventures - learning to golf is new, trying to find my misdirected golf balls can be an adventure :) HOPEFULLY will travel somewhere I have never been before (a personal goal) within the next year for a real adventure.
-csm

Anonymous said...

Favorite word(s) - "Yes darling"
My weakness- All kinds of food
Favorite blog - The knitting bicyclist/Vein Eilatan!
New things/adventures- Seeing what's new that's popped up in my garden these days.

MM

Anonymous said...

Favorite word(s) - Hmmm now that's a tough one. No real favorites these days other than the ones my, almost 2 1/2 yr old, son is learning and repeating every day. I think his favorite one is "peacock" right now. Not sure why other than it sounds silly, or maybe he's reading more into it :)
My weakness- Being overly critical about people and things.
Favorite blog - Yours, of course. I don't have the time to read any others.
New things/adventures- Not too exciting for some to read, but my son. He continues to blow my mind each and every day with all he knows and understands...and we are potty training. Now I KNOW you're jealous :)

azman said...

favorite word - I have two: Paradigm, Euphemism

my weakness - french fries, cheese

favorite blog - http://portnatalia.blogspot.com/,
http://www.blueoregon.com/

new things/adventures - things left to do before I turn 40 / Life after 39.

Anonymous said...

Favorite Word - Someone other then me saying "dinner is ready"
Weakness - chocolate cake, colorful fat quarters, smiles
Favorite blog - are there other blogs? Silly your my favorite
New Things - Learning to play new music pieces on my piano, catching the unexpected with my camera and hiking a new trail.

j said...

FAVORITE WORD- devastating (It's really quite beautifula nd can be used to describe something horrible or something amazing)
WEAKNESS- crying babies/children (I HAVE to comfort them)
FAVORITE BLOG(S)- www.hulaseventy.blogspot.com
www.andreaharner.com
www.portnatalia.blogspot.com
NEW THINGS- Leaving my three children for 2 weeks for the first time and exploring patagonia with my mama!!!!

Anonymous said...

Natalie...I love your blog...I don't comment much but I thoroughly enjoy every word and I don't care if there are commas, question marks, mistakes or whatever...that just makes it more human...however, I admire one that wants to write better or perfectly. Lenny would labor and struggle over an email or whatever he was writting for hours...then have me come in and mess it up with my 'silly' words...so keep doing what your doing...most of all keep having fun! GUESS WHO CAME TO DINNER LAST NIGHT? Yep, Newman/Stephen with his boss...turned out Shane, his boss was from Santa Barbara and knew all the places we (Johnny and I) had lived! Gave them Spinach Salad with Shrimp...seemed to like it..Keep up the good works...your pictures are great...even a bad picture tells a story...
Semper Fi Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Favorite word(s) - "Brilliant" (love it spoken with a British accent!)
My weakness- A good Zinfindel
Favorite blog - Nattie's of course!
New things/adventures- "Season II" vacation with best friend to Boston, Provincetown, and Manhatten next month...stay tuned for "new things"!

Anonymous said...

favorite word - whatever the antonym to hypocrite is
weakness - strong opinions that are not in sync with my friends',
favorite blog - Davids Medienkritik
new things - dating
MR

Anonymous said...

My Favorite word ( this week) is Serendipity. Which is the effect in which one accidently discovers something fortunate, while looking for something else entirely. I like how the word rolls off ones tongue.

My weakness. I have many I suppose as all humans do. I have a sweet tooth. I too love touch or more so, touching. I also have a weakness for early 80’s rock music.

My favorite blog. I decline to answer as my answer may be interpreted as bias.

New things or adventures. Well I always seem to do new things. I will likely start taking some college classes soon but that’s not really an adventure. Oh oh oh I am going on a Amtrak trip soon. Where you ask? This is the adventure. Once a year my best friend and I randomly choose a destination and take an Amtrak there. There is one rule: Neither one of us can never have visited the town before.

andrea said...

well, I am certainly horribly late to the scene here, but always happy to put my two cents in:

favorite word: can't narrow, so here are a few... cerebral. electric. vinyl.

my weakness: one of many: procrastination (postcards won't be ready to go out til monday! how horrible is that?)

favorite blog: ooooooh, that's a hard one. I dunno.

new things/adventures: well, I'm currently taking a sewing class (learning how to make an a-line skirt). I am totally out of my element and really hated it at first but am digging it now. hoping to take a photography class soon. playing around with different toy/vintage cameras. everything is new to me around here (you know how that is, right?) and so I'm very into seeing everything I can. and all at once, of course.

thanks! this was fun. xo

Anonymous said...

word-why.
weakness-doubt.
blog-rotten.
newthings/adventures-today.

-ab