24 March 2007

the last of the rainy season and the first day of having my very own high-speed internet...oh snap! ;) i hope my little sister has a blast this PM. don't chu know, its prom nite! i'm having a very lazy Saturday. i have not left my apartment once. its like i'm hibernating. the modem i had installed today is blinking at me. its amazing that with the flick of a switch one has access to their own internet. have i joined the world of the now? i look outside my window and i see signs that say 'old town' on them. i live between 5th and 6th and both roads are under heavy construction. the new max line is being built and one of these days, if i stay here long enough, i can just walk out of my building and hop right onto the MAX line. the entire Tri-Met team working on this project is located in my building on the 1st floor. 'the rhythm of life without ______ was hypnotic, the spaces where ____ voice would have been. the more time i spent alone, the easier it was to be alone. and then the goal became finding a way to stay alone,' comes out of a book i'm currently reading: a novel capturing the rush of online courtship and confession in pleasantly surprising ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Can I ask the name of the book you're reading???

Amanda

natalie said...

miss misery by andy greenwald. its just an easy read