31 December 2018

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.  My 2018 bullet point recap:




  • My kids rode around on their scooters - A LOT!
  • Planted 3 new trees in our backyard, from Garden World
  • Grandma visited end of February for a week
  • Hiked to Eagle Fern Park, Powell Butte Nature Park, Old Salmon River trail and checked out the End of the Oregon Trail.
  • Fixed our fence, thanks to wife and hubby muscle power
  • Planted our very first garden
  • Created a Nellist-at-home gallery
  • Traveled to Athens, GA to see my brother Rami get married to Molly mid April, stayed at the Graduate Athens
  • Visited Milo McIvar State Park numerous times throughout the year!
  • Took a road trip to Boise, Idaho Memorial Day weekend, stayed at the Modern Hotel.
  • Bought a Nissan Leaf and a Jeep Commander
  • Jehan and family visited us on July 4th!  Cousins reunited!  
  • Glenys and David visited again for Sam's 5th birthday, visited Wintler Park and for the Christmas holidays!
  • My mom visited in August, we discovered an amazing trail in Hood River and two amazing restaurants - Sugarpine Drivein and Pfriem!
  • SAM started Kindergarten on September 10th.  A HUGE adjustment for the both of us!
  • Colette turned 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on September 15th, the same day my husband went in for a ruptured appendix.
  • Found our Halloween pumpkins at Mr. Tree's pumpkin patch
  • We baked two turkeys this year (Thanksgiving and for Christmas).
  • My husband finished lifting and putting new tires on our Jeep.
  • Found some really cool playgrounds:  Imagination Station, Cully and Luuwit View.
  • I turned 45!
  • Found Shirley's Tippy Canoe restaurant on the Historical Columbia River Highway
  • Stayed at the Adrift Hotel - our fourth stay - in Long Beach, WA for a night, December 29, 2018 and dined at the Pickled Fish.  Stumbled across the Lost Roo and ate their twice! - best chicken wings EVER!  Sam also took a little fall into the Pacific Ocean that I don't think my nerves will be right for another month or so!  But before Sam took a dive the beach was incredibly picturesque to include a double rainbow, blue patches of sky along with stormy pockets and Colette running after foamy beach clouds.  Walked to the lighthouse at Cape Disappointment and took a drive to Oysterville.
  • Colette likes pickles and anything pink.  3 words that describe her:  independent, feisty and moving.
  • Sam likes lemon bread, a recent discovery, drawing and packing up his backpack!  3 words that describe him:  strong-willed, kind and unafraid.

I posted last January the below which I'm going to take with me into the New Year:

If you always try your best
Then you'll never have to wonder
About what you could have done
If you'd summoned all the thunder

And if your best
Was not as good
As you hoped it would be,
You still could say,
"I gave today
All that I had in me."



A rainbow for the New Year, thanks Glenys

No comments: