07 September 2018

My first born is now a Kindergartner!

Sam's first day of school was to put in mildly, pretty awesome.  I had my fears but by the end of the day the vibe I got from the teachers and staff made me feel less anxious and full of excitement for Sam!

The first thing Sam noticed were the cracks in the floor and had to investigate a hole in the wall to see where the damage was coming from.   Soon after that, I left with Colette taking one more glance back at him sitting there so peacefully on the classroom floor mat.

When it was time to pick him up I found Sam at one of the tables and asked him what did he like the most and he answered me with "I met a friend."

That evening I sifted through all the paperwork they gave us and noticed a yellow star paper clipped to a sheet of a paper with the cutest poem telling the child to place the star under their pillow to wish the student a good night's sleep before his first Day of school on Monday.

This morning, Sam woke up and had that little yellow star in his hands making me feel certain that it's going to be a really amazing year for all of us!

No comments: