27 June 2017

I haven't posted anything substantial lately so let me tell you a little about what we've been up to over the last few months.

My kids are now almost 4 and nearly 2!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Mr. Time, have we not had this discussion before, please slow down!

First and foremost a never-ending thank you to Carrie, who takes care of our children during the week - you are the best, we couldn't do this without you and we absolutely are blessed to have you in our lives!!  All of the artwork that you've had our children create hangs on our walls.

Colette carries a conversation with such toddler conviction, of course we do not understand one word that comes out of her mouth but it's so much fun to watch her take off and deliver a speech hands raised in the air and babble on and on!  She can say Dada, Mama, avocado, bye, I wuv you and ball.   Every time I ask Sam about his day when I'm at work he replies with "I can't tell you Mom, it's a secret!"  

Sam and I had the following cute conversation:

ME:  Why do you not want to fly through space, like an astronaut does?
SAM: Because I don't have any money to do that with Mom!

Ha!  I took this opportunity to tell him nothing is impossible and to dream big!

We've been barbecuing most weekend nights and we just recently discovered how much Sam loves French toast.  It is now his breakfast food go to!  Sam is constantly helping us in the kitchen or folding towels - a true helper and Mommy appreciates his enthusiasm.  The kids have enjoyed swimming in the pool that we set up in the backyard and they run around this cute sprinkler that has colorful worms wearing cowboy hats on it.  Sam is super into playdoh and Legos and both kids are coloring their hearts out! Something to point out after reading the book the The Gruffalo's child, must have been our fiftieth time reading it, that we noticed the Stickman was in the child's hand all this time.  When it dawned on us as Sam points to it with his little finger, we just simply smiled at one another - it was such a sweet exchange.  My favorite book to read to the kids right now is Mr. Fine, Porcupine - watch out for his quills!

We've watched the movies, Trolls, Moana and the Secret Life of Pets repeatedly. If I told you how many times I would definitely not win the Mommy of the Year award.  We traveled 5 and a half hours pushing tired to another level for a quick weekend trip to the westernmost point in Oregon and 48 states and boy - did we have a blast hanging out in a rustic cabin at Blanco State Park and exploring the beach, lighthouse and Port Oxford.  In Port Oxford, make sure you stop by Griffs on the Docks for fresh fish and chips.

We found a cool park - Eagle Fern Park, I took photos of some beautiful roses that looked just like the ones I used in my wedding and googled them to find out what they are called, Eden roses.  We made caprese stuffed garlic butter mushrooms, Steven and I are on a serious health kick reaching our step goals daily, went to the North Clackamas Aquatic Park for some wave pool action, visiting Dairy Queen way too many times. growing sunflowers from the seeds, I bought my very first pair of salt water sandals, bought fresh everything from the Original Gresham Farmers' Market and Colette's hair is now down to her shoulders!!!

And just last weekend we went to a birthday party where there was a giant bouncy castle and all the backyard birthday fixings on a 100-degree day!  Random thing happened as I was looking through the birthday girl's library of books, I pulled out the one book, the Owl and the Wave, to find out the author was her Mom! 

On one of my PDX urban walks I came across this friendly art drawing of an aardvark in the pavement and it made me happy to see him there!



No comments: