09 May 2017

A quick note to my children, for when you little rascals are older.

Dear Sam and Colette, you both are amazing to me.  You both have such curious and creative minds and I couldn't be more proud of who you are. Sam, you are witty, fun-loving and know how to put anything together.  Colette, you are my little fireball and that in itself I know you will go far. Sam is into technology while Colette, you hang onto books like glue.  I have already instilled the below advice of course in toddler terms but here is what I will be most vocal about as you grow older:

  1. Trust in yourself first, always go with your gut instincts.  You will make mistakes and with the mistakes made, always feel comfortable to come to me or your Dad for advice.  
  2. Find something you enjoy and learn it well.You never know it might turn into a job and a job that you will love doing!  Never keep doing something that makes you feel uncomfortable, learn this early on so you never feel stuck.  Don't settle for mediocre. 
  3. Be Kind. You never know what someone else is going through so if you sense anger or hate simply walk away from it.  Chin up, head high is the only road to take.
  4. Travel. Muy Importante. 
  5. Do not spend more than you make.  Credit cards are to be used wisely and kept to a minimum.  Invest in your future early on.
  6. Expect calls, texts and emails from me on a regular basis, duh!
I love you both dearly,

Mom

No comments: