22 July 2011

That Ikea trip.

I'm going back and forth here with my blog entries but nevertheless I'm updating so that's all that really matters, right... good... glad we got that settled. Now for that Ikea story! Oh and don't get your hopes up too high because nothing out of the ordinary happened, it was just our once a year trip to Ikea kinda story. Our mode of transportation was the zipcar called Champoeg, a mini Cooper countryman. I had problems when starting up this car last time so I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing this time around. Insert key knob, then press brakes in and start button at the same time and we have ignition! The car was reserved from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. I had to extend it because Taco Bell sidetracked us by at least an hour. Driving around in this car is like driving around in a tank truck like go cart. My admiring the view made us miss the exit to Ikea. This mishap took us over into Washington and back and when we finally got off at the right exit I took another wrong turn which got us heading towards the airport. Can I say that there should be an exit for just Ikea alone! I felt a little better once we got situated but still it's like take a right onto some road, then another road onto Mt. St. Helens' road and then another right. By the time we got to Ikea we were both silly upset with one another and Steven wasn't feeling so good. But that didn't stop us. We walked into Ikea with ONE thing on our minds - to find a bookcase. And we did. This was all after zigzagging through that labyrinth of a store they call Ikea and then at the end I was dead tired and handed one of the guys who works there my order. He looked back at me with those 'are you dumb lady' eyes and that's when it dawned on me why we had to write down Aisle # and Bin #. Duh, you have to pick up your own stuff. And that was how our book case came into our lives. The mini Cooper countryman was long enough to transport it. We swung by Home Depot where we picked up a few more things and then it was to Safeway for some beer & wine. Sitting safe and sound on my sofa, I nipped on my wine while watching Steven put together our book case.


1 comment:

Glenys Nellist said...

I mis IKEA! You should have left Steven in the ball pool...that's where he went when me & David shopped there!