20 May 2010

this 'Clock' Sculpture (see below photo) made me think that my biological clock is 'just' ticking away, i suppose very slowly and doing its thang!~

I hear lately that most mothers I know who have just had children can't wait to go back to work. Look, I understand this. Somewhat... (long and silent pause) Only because I am a child of a mother who stayed at home and was with me 24/7. Not too say anything bad about the return to work mother. I'm just saying. (again, just an observation not a statement of mine). Settle down! If anything I wish there wasn't such a rush to go back. As for yours truly, motherless at the moment, my work keeps me so busy that when I finally do get home I have to pass (the you know what) out for a few hours just to energize myself. I was in Eugene yesterday for business and absolutely loved every minute of it. I even met a clown and a turkey, go figure! Today, I attended a networking event at Wilf's restaurant at the Amtrak train station. On our way over there in my bosses' car, an Element, the hail poured down on the sunroof and only moments later the sun was out - then it down poured again. I'm sitting here now enjoying a few glasses of wine and have some great news to speak of. This Saturday, I have my very first paid photo gig! Hot dog! Holy smokes! Smack diggity dog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Different strokes for different folks, you know. But I'm totally with you (if you have a position on this) . . . and I write as a little one is squirming around on my lap and threatening to interfere with my keystrokes. I love spending every minute with this little guy, and for me, personally, I am so thankful I did not have to return to work and that I now have part time employment that permits me to work from home or take my little one with me. Honestly, I would hate to miss a second of his waking time. That's just me though.

Freckle Homemaker