06 September 2008

rockaway beach, oregon

Twin rocks are just behind all this fog. The fog set in and sticked around for most of the afternoon. I found a patch of yellow flowers that whispered into my ear "I serve as the sun on days like these."
In and out, in and out. The semi-turbulent waves tried their best to get a hold of my feet but I wasn't in the mood to be frozen to death.
Steven, on the other hand, took for the ocean's water and turned his legs a pretty scary salmon color. Brrrrrrrrr...
Here is a view from the house we stayed at. Right on the beach. Well, separated by a few rocks and a tiny dune. We asked if anyone ever saw the water come up to the rocks and they said usually in November is when the ocean loves to scare the homeowners with its water.
I just love the reflection in the water captured here. It looks like a pirate ship of some sort.
I can see who I got my feet from: Oma... xo xo
A little beach soccer was played...
later on we found a live sea creature.
The beach soccer turned into a game of Attack the Adult. Ever heard of it?
Me having a moment of peace. Sigh...
One last look before saying goodbye to the Great Pacific! Oh you magical thing you. Back to Portland we go~

7 comments:

j said...

So envious. Oregon beaches are magical.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

You're sending me straight to Google Maps!

Trent and Carrie said...

Great pictures Natalie! I hope you and Steven had a great time! Can't wait til next year!!! :)

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Love the one of you and the kids! :)

Anonymous said...

I once took a picture of me in front of the Rockaway Beach sign because my torts professor made a huge deal out of the Palsgraf v. Long Island Railroad Company case. Of course, the Rockaway Beach Ms. Palsgraf was headed for was in New Jersey, not Oregon, but I still thought it was neat. So anyway, hope you had fun. For the story of Ms. Palsgraf, see http://law.jrank.org/pages/12893/Palsgraf-v-Long-Island-Railroad-Company.html

freckles

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures.... and the one about your feet is great.
I think you have a feet complex!

theCrazy said...

ha ha she does have a feet complex and I think I gave it to her he he I call her bigfoot sometimes or stinky feet but its just a joke little Natalie don't take it so seriously I love your feet...

...even though they are big and stinky Muahahahahahahahaha just kidding MUAH!! xo xo

We need a beach house!!! seriously!!! and I want a model airplane or boat so I can entertain myself with hours of glueing he he xo xo