28 February 2007

finding neverland

"Michael Llewelyn Davies: Excuse me, sir, you're standing on my sleeve. J.M. Barrie: [moves his foot and looks down to face Michael] Am I? So sorry. I might point out you're lying under my bench" are quotes out of the movie i just watched. why is it that movies can get the best of me sometimes. i know that i have this awesome life right now but i do miss and wonder if i'll ever find someone to love [and him love me back]. i try so hard to tell myself i'm okay without it but after watching movies that depict love between two people, i turn into mush - sulking in my own pool of wish-that-was-me already. i can't hide the way i feel about things: the idea of someone loving you so much can be described the same way as when peter was asked what he thought about J.M Barrie's play 'it was magical.'

tomorrow, i get the keys to my new apartment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic movie, I thought. I think this is probably one of my favorite Depp roles, and Kate Winslet is excellent too. Looks like thunderstorms are boiling in the southern skies.

HL

Anonymous said...

You may get lonely at times but stay strong. It is better to be alone and happy than to be in the wrong relationship. Love will come when you least expect it and until then be happy with who you are. You have what seems to be a wonderful life. A good job, you live in a great place and have wonderful friends. Who could ask for more? It seems that society tells us we have to be with someone to be happy and if we aren't we have in someway failed. Don't listen to those who think that way. Enjoy your life as it is and know that you don't need anyone to complete you, you complete yourself.

natalie said...

i am lucky. that is all i have to say.

Anonymous said...

As the chief of surgery said yesterday to the chief resident (not me): Don't try, just BE better. This of course has nothing to do with this particular blog of yours, just a line I thought you might appreciate...