21 July 2006

yellow and blue make green

photo shown is my backyard -- maybe the bird couldn't stand the sight of the color to my neighbor's car

this morning i woke up to the most wretched of bird chirping. what in the world was causing such a ruckus! i lifted my head and there it was -- a small bluebird moving erratically from branch to branch. something had disturbed him but what gives? my sleep, that's for sure.

so a glacier was once described to me by way of a snickers bar. i had traversed a glacier near the tiny town of kennicott. i wore crampons to enable myself to walk-on-ice. what triggered this memory was the documentary,
amazing caves [yes, i'm a dvd watching bandit these days]. the visual imagery in this film gave me goosebumps because i once crawled underneath a mammoth sheet of very blue ice not realizing the ramifications of my on-a-whim action. the photo that was taken of me magnified the color in my eyes ten fold. so with that said, my adventures this weekend where i'm banking on some good photo taking is a soccer game, drive somewhere on i-84 to rte.30 to horsetail & triple falls, a semi-easy 2-3 hour hike that includes several falls, then visit the bridge of the gods which is located at cascade locks and get ice cream in washington. the 7 AM pick up time is the only think i'm worried about? ;) and squeezing (3) girls in the back of the compressor shouldn't be a problem.

and i found my undergraduate independent study paper. it is entitled: synthesis & characterization of new (arene) ruthenadecaboranes as potential site-specific pharmaceuticals or low-dimensional semiconductors. BNCT - boron neutron capture therapy to treat cancer is what i worked on back in the day, hey! and if my name is googled, the link to my blog can be found.

and to HL -
keep posting comments daily. and just for the record, it was my fault for having stayed in my last relationship. i extended my stay for way too long. call it: 'wounds inflicted on myself.' i went through something no one can ever feel or understand. but i know this much -- i've found myself again...and that is half the battle. there is no glorification of any kind. the term here is 'i'm healing my broken heart'...

comfort me
i can't hold it all in
if you won't let me
heaven holds a sense of wonder
and i wanted to believe that i'd get caught up when the rage in me subsides, in this silence i believe

heaven is used here as a symbol - a symbol of hope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most bluebirds you see in Oregon are, in fact, scrub jays.

HL