27 March 2020

Homeschooling Day 5 of ...

Funny how Facebook connected me today to someone I went to college with who posted a cute video of her reading the Kissing Hand, by Audrey Penn


Welcome to the world of read along books!!!  Our go to right now is StoryTime at Awnie's House.

I sat Sam down for an hour this morning to go over today's super sight word - where and then we learned more about the equal sign.  Working on number bonds and number sentences with a 6-year-old has got to be one of the toughest assignments to date.  When the world goes back to normal, I will be hugging and sending so many notes of encouragement to Sam's teacher.  

This week has pretty much worn me out!  Below are some cool sites I stumbled across that you might think are useful as well:
  • Art for Kid's Hub, Sam watched the video entitled How to draw a kitten in a hot air balloon.
  • Khan Academy, for math and writing lessons 
  • You can read to your kids while this video is playing to Love is Kind by Laura Sassi
  • My mother-in-law also has some great ideas so please make sure to visit her newsletter at Links to Lovely Things.
Be back on Monday until then stay well everyone...







No comments: